It is hard to believe that a software developer had outsourced his programming tasks to a group of programmers in another country and nobody noticed.
This article explains how the scheme unfolded.
- Analyzing the IP traffic into a network is always a good idea.
- I decided to look at the most common IP Addresses coming into my website and I didn’t find any surprises. I guess nobody wanted to do my job for me.
- Don’t use company resources for personal gain
- this should be a no brainer
- Code must be yours
- as a former project manager for a large software development company I understand the potential impacts of obtaining code from unknown sources
- new developers need to more aware that “Google coding” is not an acceptable practice – this is often not taught as often as it should be
After reading Thomas Friedman’s book it was clear to me that offshoring has both positive and negative impacts to society.
I still feel that the movie Office Space is the best example of computer ethics in action – and it is hilarious.